Additional Resource


** If you suspect that your child is under the influence and you are worried about safety, the best response is to take your child to your local Emergency Room and share what your concerns are. If your child is un-responsive or is greatly impaired, calling 911 is vital.  Your child may or may not know what they have ingested and they may be in need of emergency services faster than the time it would take for you to rive them yourself to your nearest ER.

In Central MN  - Woodland Centers - Willmar, MN  1-800-992-1716


Programs that specialize in Mental Health and Chemical Health needs are:

Fairview Riverside Hospital -
FUMC have a 6A and 4B west unit for stabilization of Mental illness and Chemical Dependency (MICD) issues specifically for teens.  You must go through the ER for admit to these programs.

Fairview Riverside
2450 Riverside Ave, Minneapolis, MN

Abbott Northwestern Hospital - ER
800 E 28th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407
(612) 863-4000 


For Mental Health Crisis:

It is a good idea to know the phone number ahead of time for the crisis team in your community. 

Metro Area Mental Health Crisis Response 

  • Anoka: 763-755-3801
  • Carver/Scott: 952-442-7601 
  • Dakota: 952-891-7171, Washington: 651-777-5222 
  • Ramsey: adults - 651-266-7900, children - 651-774-7000 
  • Hennepin: adults - 612-596-1223, children - 612-348-2233 


For Suicidal Thoughts/Threats - if someone is threatening to harm themselves, call 911 - other support services are: 

  • National Suicide Prevention LifeLine -   1-800-273-TALK (8255)


How to obtain Rule 25 Chemical Dependency Assessment for your child:


Click on Counties/regional offices on the right hand side.  Contacting the social services department for your local county will help you find the person to contact to set up the Rule 25 for your child if needed.

Outpatient Services: 

105 W Burnsville Pkwy,
Burnsville, MN 55337
Phone:(952) 564-3030